Saturday, August 1, 2009

30 Days to Live


July 30, Thursday night, household meeting night! I thought this was just an ordinary household meeting. What excites me that night was not the meeting but the surprise birthday for our beloved Tito Mecio.

We started with a powerful worship, which surprised me because I am not used to a household meeting with two guitarists, five brothers and five sisters (unusual na marami). Then Tito opened the discussion by asking us about the news of former President Aquino's health status and the prayers that the people are offering for her.

He said that He realized that it is better for a person to be diagnosed of a sickness and have time to undo the bad things one had done in the past. He shared to us his experience about his lola not wanting his father, but when his lola was on her dying bed, she asked for forgiveness.

He then said that what if we were only given thirty days to live, what will we do? He gave us papers to write down ten things we want to do before we die. It was very easy at first to write down the things I want to do, I didn't took it seriously. But slowly the thought of dying after thirty days started to sink in!Then it became serious. At number seven, I wrote: "Makausap si Rex, makahingi ng tawad at magpasalamat." The whole time my hands were cold and shaking! I have to do this before I die!

Then we prepared thirty pieces one peso coin that would represent one day of thirty days. We prayed that at the end of thirty days, we will accomplish the things we want to do.

What will I do? Do I have to take this seriously? Well, maybe I have to. Ive been restless this past few days because of the thought that August will be coming soon. The day of revelation will come on the 14th and whether I like it or not I will wake up on that day. I have to face the sad truth. It has been a year ago, so many things had happened.

Every waking hour since the 30th of July, I prayed for courage and acceptance. Things will never be the same, I don't want it to be the same. I don't want to go back to that day. I still have twenty seven days. I ask God to prepare me on that particular day. There are many ways to accomplish this particular task. In whatever way, I ask God to hold my hand.

I pray that God take away first the pain and anger in my heart, then fill it with forgiveness, love, acceptance and letting go.

And at the end of thirty days, I will be reborn. Reborn with more love and more hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment